Monday, April 27, 2009

The Rescue: Invisible Children

So, as I sat down to post today, I noticed all these "Rescue" updates on my facebook and started checking out the Invisible Children Rescue event site. (if you aren't aware of the cause, please go to the Invisible Children website) The Rescue event basically were groups of people (mostly us millenials) who stood in peaceful protest over the children soldiers in Northern Uganda. They were calling for key "moguls" (media, celebrities, government officials) who would come and "rescue" them, and bring light to the cause. They then were supposed to spend the night at their location in solidarity for the children forced into war. I wanted to share a few inspiring photos from this event and links to some really sweet video from various cities, etc, as my way of showing support. Nathan and I signed up to do the DC "Rescue", bought our T-shirts, and ended up staying with our friends because we didn't have anyone to go with. I'm not regretting that decision because we were in the area to be with our friends, but I want to do this post as a way to bring more awareness and do more. Please enjoy.

Los Angeles, California...


Photos

and




Phoenix, Arizona....

Photos

and



New York City

Photos

Washington, DC

Photos

Sydney, Australia



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!