Tuesday, November 25, 2008

sad day

today i found out that friend of mine is moving. this isn't all that unusual in the life of a twenty-something gal, this day in age! people move in and out of our lives like craziness. the part that makes it so sad for me is this is someone i have finally re-connected with after years of silence. we are both married now, live in the bay area after growing up in SoCal, and our husbands even get along with each other...heck, they're basically friends now. it's like ARGH...WHY, God, WHY!? i'm having one of those moments where I'm so totally thrilled for my friend and her husband's opportunity (which really is GREAT), but also at the same time feeling so sad and angry that it has to happen. this happened 8 years ago, under much much different circumstances, with this same friend. i don't think i cried about it last time because of my pride and my anger. tonight i did...because of my sadness and my joy.

anyway....this post didn't make much sense, but it's where i'm at. more later on the retreat that happened this past weekend. it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!