Thursday, November 27, 2008

Our First Thanksgiving

Nathan and I hosted our first Thanksgiving this year.
It was somewhat by accident, but in the end was really a great time. I had to show off my table setting b/c for one, it was beautiful, and two, it was filled with wedding gifts! Note the lovely china, blown glass candlesticks, Simon Pierce bowl used as the centerpiece, the napkin rings and our silverware. All wedding presents! So, technically, our friends helped us set the table. It's really kinda neat!! :-)



We made our first turkey together and it turned out scrumptious! (Though, technically it was my second turkey because my first attempt was during my junior year of college when my roommate and I decided to host Thanksgiving for 10 friends in our apartment in West Village. That was a good turkey too!) We also made the stuffing, cranberry sauce, and mashed potatoes all from scratch. Yum! Anyway, it was a good time with my in-law's and a couple friends. Can't wait to see what next year brings! Hopefully other reasons to bring out the china!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!